I'm a shutterbug, you're a shutterbug... we're all shutterbugs!

Monday, June 29, 2009 at 10:50 AM
So this weekend I went to my first DC Photography Group meetup! We all met at the National Mall for the Folklife Festival to wander around and take pictures. It was definitely fun, but now I'm hankering for a sweet camera... I just feel like if I'm really gonna get into this stuff, my point and shoot might not cut it anymore. I also realized during this outing that humans aren't really my favorite subject. They move around too much and are hard to capture (especially without a fancy-schmancy camera). But I do love inanimate objects, lol. I like capturing things from different angles and trying to give them life through the picture. Okay, am I being too cheesy for you? See, this is why the DC Photography Meetup Group is perfect for me! It's a whole bunch of people like me! That's even what I said in my intro, "Hi, I'm Erin and I'm here because I love to take pictures and my friends make fun of me for it, so I figured hanging out with a whole bunch of people just like me would be perfect." :)

Btw, I didn't take this picture (obviously), but Rifat and I were having fun trying to squish the Washington Monument and one of the other group members shot this and sent it to me later. :)
http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/9/6/3/c/highres_9398460.jpeg

Anyway, I'm bummed I won't be able to make the next few meetups because of summer plans and travel for work, but they're going to the Montgomery County Fair in August and then in September they're doing a tour of the US Capitol and I've RSVP-ed yes to both! I'm really pumped about the Capitol tour because I've never been in the Capitol before (unless maybe I went for an elementary school field trip or something? obviously even if I did it wasn't memorable to me, lol). So yay for fun photography trips! :)

3 comments

  1. em!ly Says:

    Yay! Glad you went and had a good time! I gotta start looking in to some of those meetings, although I'm sad I missed the one on lightning...that would've been awesome.

    I also found a group, that looked awesome, a bunch of young professional women, but, you had to be single. Lame!

  2. em!ly Says:

    Oh, and if you want to look for a spiffy camera, I'd suggest ebay/amazon. That's where I got mine, and it's fantabulous :)

  3. Beeps Says:

    Love the pic of you and Rifat... especially since you both look all serious even though what you're trying to do is totally ridiculous!

Post a Comment