Cooking Class Success!

Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Just thought I'd share some pictures from my cooking class this weekend!

First Course: Tomato and Basil Soup with Avocado Mousse
Rating: It's served cold (which I'm not normally a fan of) but it was light and fresh and delicious and the avocado mousse was a great accent!




Side Dishes: Potato Gratin & Haricots Verts with Fine Herbs
Rating: The potato dish was deeeelicious - but super rich! And the "haricots verts with fine herbs" was totally just green beans with a lot of butter and herbs, so it was fine, but nothing amazing.



Main Dish: Open-Faced Beef Wellington with Tarragon Jus
Rating: So it's basically a flattened puff-pastry with little chunks of beef and then sauteed mushrooms and onions on top (oh and a little tarragon jus on the side). It was really quite yummy, but not what I expected and the tarragon jus was totally over rated in my opinion. But the glass of wine definitely got 2 thumbs up!

Dessert: Raspberry and Orange Napoleons with Chocolate Creme Chantilly
Rating: Evidently my group over-whipped the chocolate creme chantilly, so that's why it looks a little lumpy :( but I still thought it tasted deeeelicious, so I wasn't too worried. :)




All-in-all, I had lots of fun, learned some good kitchen techniques - like how to make garlic paste and how to dice an onion the right way, and got to eat a yummy meal, so I'd say it was a success! My only other comment is that since it's a team effort, it probably would've been even more fun if I'd known the people I was cooking with, lol. Soooo who's up for the basic knife skills class??? I hear it fills up fast!

1 Responses to Cooking Class Success!

  1. Beeps Says:

    So next time we're together... I fully expect you to demonstrate the proper way to dice onions. Got it?! :-p

Post a Comment