Big Chicken, Hot Oil

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:05 AM
So yesterday I was super productive at work... and today I'm writing this blog... I should know by now to pace myself, lol. Anyway, life has been good this week, it seems like a small acheivement, but every bit counts. Last night mjk and I cooked dinner - I bought some chicken breasts and breadcrumbs and we attempted to fry little chicken chunks. In the beginning the chicken chunks were too big and the oil was too hot which resulted in burnt breadcrumbs on the outside and raw chicken on the inside, lol. But after a few lessons learned, we chopped the chicken into smaller chunks and mjk mastered the frying part and in the end I thought it was quite delicious! Tonight mjk is grilling pork tenderloin... mmmm!

The rest of the week is looking up as well. Friday is my regular day off, so I'm gonna relax during the day and then eah and I are going shopping at the outlets in Leesburg! *crossing my fingers I find something fun at the Coach outlet* And Saturday I signed up to go to a cooking class! I'm usually hesitant to do stuff alone, but I decided that was boring, so I threw caution to the wind and registered!

Here's the class I'm taking:
http://www.lacademie.com/Recreation/RecreationalHome.aspx?event_id=1814

I'm looking forward to it and really hoping it's fun because there are a ton of other classes I want to try as well like the Saturday night "Two Cooking" class which is like a date night and the "Basic Knife Skills" class and definitely the "Fun With Food and Beer" class! Lol. I'll have to post after this weekend and fill you in on how it goes. :)

4 comments

  1. em!ly Says:

    I could totally go for a knife skills class. I have nice knives, I'm just not saavy on how to use them well.

    I also kinda wanna do the cake decorating one. Lol. I'm turning into YET!

  2. blogerinblog Says:

    LOL! You could always be like mjk and just go to the cake store, buy the stuff, and wing it yourself, haha. But yeah, the knife skills class would be sweet! I mean, I don't have the nice knives yet, but I will one day! :)

  3. Beeps Says:

    Where do these classes take place? I'm interested...... :)

  4. eizzil Says:

    VAP and I took a class through Howard County Parks and Rec. It was fun.

Post a Comment