Feeling useful at work is great!

Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 3:38 PM
So today at work I actually felt useful in a very awesome way. It wasn't just the monotonous day to day stuff that I know if at any point I dropped dead, someone else could easily pick up and keep running with - mind you, they probably wouldn't be as OCD/anal retentive/organized at it as I would be, but they'd get the job done. But today! Today I was part of this committee and I was requested to be part of this committee because of my knowledge! MY KNOWLEDGE! How cool is that?? :) I was literally sitting in the meeting HAPPY because I was adding value and I could tell the other people in the meeting appreciated the value that I was adding. YAY! I'm so used to being in a meeting and either being 1) not allowed to talk, or 2) clueless, or 3) bored out of my mind. This was so refreshing! I'm also really excited about the possible outcome of this meeting. I mean, if I could be a part of a positive change, that would be so awesome! I'm sure I'm being totally over excited and positive and cheerleader-ish right now, but you know what? I need some of that in my life these days, so I think that's okay! So yay positivity and yay feeling useful at work! :)

P.S. The new Cheddar Potatoes with Broccoli Lean Cuisine is excellent. I highly recommend it.

2 comments

  1. Beeps Says:

    tra-la-laaa!

  2. Shanea Says:

    Yay for not being at work bored at work and isn't it cool to be appreciated!!

Post a Comment