Okay okay okay already!

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 12:56 PM
So as most of you know (since I think only like 3 people read this blog and I've already told all three of you personally), I moved out on Saturday and so far, so good! My roommate is really cool and seems very normal, so I feel super lucky to have found her. I seriously came across some sketchy people in the process of looking for a roommate, and while I have only known her for a little over two weeks now, we're getting along great so far. :)

And as for living on my own, I am sooo happy that I finally made the move. It was really time for me and while I was definitely getting frustrated trying to find a place, I am so happy I waited for something that fit everything I needed. I'm not sure if I've even really gotten my head wrapped around the fact that I did move out quite yet, but I think that'll just come with time. It almost just feels like I'm at a hotel right now, lol. But I was pretty excited to go grocery shopping for myself and to get to make a lunch for myself this morning with the groceries that I bought, lol. It's still the little things for me. :) The walk to the metro is also pretty sweet! Mjk and I went out Tuesday night and it was wonderful being less than ten minutes from walking out my apartment door to standing on the metro platform - and it was wonderful going out on a Tuesday night and not feeling like I was gonna get one of those parental looks when I rolled in at 1am or whenever I got home, lol. Oh oh and mjk and I went to IKEA yesterday and checked out furniture, which after double checking measurements, I am ready to go back and purchase! My father did always teach me to measure twice, cut once - so this is more like measure twice, purchase once, lol. It's not much, just a small book shelf and a nightstand, but it's still me buying my own furniture, so yay!

All in all, things are really moving up in my life... I have my fingers crossed that 25 is gonna be a good year for me! :D

1 Responses to Okay okay okay already!

  1. Beeps Says:

    Yay congrats! I miss you... and I feel like we haven't caught up in ages, so I'm glad to read about all this good stuff. PS: Careful! IKEA is addictive. First it's a nightstand, next thing you know it's an entire room :-p

Post a Comment